Lend A Hand Information
- LAH Bylaws
- History of LAH (coming soon)
(click on underlined text to go to the website)
- Pima Council on Aging (PCOA) serves older adults and their families living in Pima County. PCOA advocates, plans, coordinates, develops and delivers home-and-community-based aging services for older adults, and provides supportive assistance, accurate information and local resource connections for family caregivers. Helpline: 520-790-7262.
- Senior Support Alliance has a wealth of information & services for Tucson's senior community. For more information, call 520-314-1011.
- Interfaith Community Services (ICS) offers free transportation to medical appointments, help picking up meds and groceries for up to six weeks after discharge from the hospital. If you know of someone who can benefit from their kindness, contact Tandala Kidd at 520-526-9299.
- Habitat for Humanity offers minor home repairs. Habitat can help with painting, landscaping and other minor repairs. Homeowners are charged a portion of the cost of materials based on a sliding scale that’s income based. You can learn more by calling them at 520-326-1217.
- Pima Find a Ride provides an online directory of transportation services for older adults, people with disabilities, and the general public.
(Disclaimer: Lend A Hand cannot guarantee or endorse the information provided on the following links)
- Caring.Com provides help finding senior care and senior living options near you. Click here to see their list of senior living communities in Tucson (July 2019).
- Help Guide provides information about housing options for seniors.
- Home City provides a road map to aging in place.
- Moving Tips for Seniors provides moving tips, tricks and secrets for seniors.
- Retirement Living has information to help find the right medical alert system to meet your needs.
- Room-by-room guide for aging-in-place home improvements.
- Guide to Senior Nutrition provides a nutrition guide for the aging and elderly.
- Senior's Guide to Healthy Eating highlights the importance of proper nutrition for the elderly.
- Addiction Resource raises awareness of the dangers of addiction among the elderly.
- Alzheimer's & Dementia Financial & Legal Planning Guide provides resources to help with finances.
- Caring From Afar has information to help with providing care when you don't live in the same town.
- Elder Abuse is a guide to understanding, recognizing and preventing elder abuse.
- Family Caregiver Alliance provides information, support & resources for family caregivers.
- House Method has information about making your home safe and staying healthy as you age.
- MedlinePlus Senior Health Resources provides a guide to senior's health.
- Polio Epic is a support group for polio survivors and their families.
- Save Money on Healthcare describes ways for seniors to save money on health care costs.
- Senior Care Helper is an online resource designed for seniors and their caregivers.
- Senior Substance Abuse offers information about seniors & addiction.
- Sleep changes as you age.
- Veterans with PTSD can help with understanding the unique challenges they face.
- Financial Assistance for Disabled Homeowners and Tenants.
- Retired Brains provides financial resources for seniors.
- Computer Basics offers basic information about computers, including the internet, email & security.
- Just Great Lawyers provides a comprehensive guide to legal planning for Alzheimer's and dementia.
- Medical Alert System information can be found here, here and here.
- Mobility & Accessibility provides 100+ resources, tips & discounts on these products.
- Senior Veterans Service Alliance provides resources for senior veterans.
For questions, comments or suggestions regarding the Lend A Hand website, click here.