Lend A Hand Information
(click on underlined text to go to the website)
- Pima Council on Aging (PCOA) serves older adults and their families living in Pima County. PCOA advocates, plans, coordinates, develops and delivers home-and-community-based aging services for older adults, and provides supportive assistance, accurate information and local resource connections for family caregivers. Helpline: 520-790-7262.
- Senior Support Alliance has a wealth of information & services for Tucson's senior community. For more information, call 520-314-1011.
- Interfaith Community Services (ICS) offers free transportation to medical appointments, help picking up meds and groceries for up to six weeks after discharge from the hospital. If you know of someone who can benefit from their kindness, contact Tandala Kidd at 520-526-9299.
- Habitat for Humanity offers minor home repairs. Habitat can help with painting, landscaping and other minor repairs. Homeowners are charged a portion of the cost of materials based on a sliding scale that’s income based. You can learn more by calling them at 520-326-1217.
- Pima Find a Ride provides an online directory of transportation services for older adults, people with disabilities, and the general public.
- Care Coordinators provides assistance for families with assessment, planning for needed services, managing care, placement and medical advocacy for vulnerable populations.
- Funeral Consumers Alliance of AZ is a nonprofit providing information to help you navigate end-of-life arrangements. For a small annual fee, your family is guaranteed affordable end-of-life options.
For questions, comments or suggestions regarding the Lend A Hand website, click here.